nieuwsbrief Koning Boudewijnstichting

Henk Pel hpel at ONLINK.NET
Wed Jun 5 08:01:01 UTC 2002

Since I'm a born Dutchman, I did not have too much trouble translating the
epistle (see earlier message).
I had to chuckle a bit at the computer program translation, but that was a
nice effort. The letter is from Belgium. They are know for often writing
better Dutch than the people in Holland . King Boudewijn was King of
Belgium, not Holland. His brother Albert came to the throne after Boudewijn
died.  Holland presently has Queen Beatrix, the daughter of Queen Juliana,
who in turn is the daughter of Queen Wilhelmina who reigned in Holland at
the same time as King  Leopold ( the father of Boudewijn and Albert) did in
Belgium.  I hope that this is of some interest to the List members.
L.I.F.E?
Henk

-----Original Message-----
From: SignWriting List [mailto:SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]On Behalf Of Valerie
Sutton
Sent: June 4, 2002 4:08 PM
To: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
Subject: Re: nieuwsbrief Koning Boudewijnstichting

SignWriting List
June 4, 2002

Hello Bill!
Thanks for telling us about another translator on the web!

>http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran?
>and it translated the text (assuming it is Dutch) to:

Yes...it is definitely Dutch, since King Baudouin was a Dutch King!

Thanks so much for the translation...I looked at their web site and
it is a foundation from the Netherlands named after the King...who
knows why they are interested in SignWriting? smile....;-)

Val ;-)

..