[SignWriting] Re: [SignWriting] Re: sw 4 not working with newcomputer

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Mon Jun 3 18:34:31 UTC 2002

Google is a nice quick search but it's not as comprehensive as
http://www.dogpile.com .   Plus, I found google can't do more than a two word
search.  Content listed in Google is also "reviewed" and compiled for the general
public, so you won't find it to be a comprehensive source of technical
information having little or no commercial value.

Bill

Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Bill Reese wrote:
>
> > Trevor Jenkins wrote:
> >
> > > I still have the sources. However, it uses functions for which I can find
> > > no documentation. ...

> > > FUNCTION GETUQQ (VAR f:FCBFQQ; len: WORD; dst: ADSMEM): WORD; EXTERNAL;
> > > FUNCTION PUTUQQ (VAR f:FCBFQQ; len: WORD; dst: ADSMEM): WORD; EXTERNAL;
> > >
> > > And also the FCBFQQ structure? (I know that the structure is a DOS FCB,
> > > aka File Control Block, but I need the exact layout of the structure.)
> >
> > Would this page help?:
> > http://www.frostydrew.org/transfer/pascal/compiler/finu.int
>
> Yup, that does; provided that this Microsoft Pascal unit matches the Turbo
> Pascal unit used to compile Signwriter 4.4. With a little checking there's
> also a definition of the FCBFQQ record in a file on the same server. :-)
> Don't know how you found this because it never appeared in any Google
> search I made.
>
> Now perhaps I can write some portable versions of these functions so I can
> complete a port or two. :-)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards, Trevor
>
> British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
> Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
> Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/
>
> --
>
> <>< Re: deemed!
..