SignBank 2002 Beta Test May 1, 2002

Sun May 5 13:42:07 UTC 2002

>I am trying to install SignBank here in my computer in
>Japan, but I am finding some problems. In the first
>place, when trying to install the trial version of
>FileMaker. It is necessary to download a Japanese
>trial version instead of an English one - otherwise a
>msg "wrong operational system" is displayed and the
>installation is interrupted.

SignWriting List
May 5, 2002

Dear SignBank beta testers, and Flavio in Japan!
Thank you for your feedback, Flavio. This is the kind of information
I needed to know....

I did not know there was a Japanese version of FileMaker. Can you
open the FileMaker program in general, (forgetting SignBank for the
moment), and the words on the screen are written in Japanese writing?

I need to know this to be able to help you....

This is wonderful news, by the way, if it is truly in Japanese. I had
been told by FileMaker corporation that they only supported Roman
alphabet languages...

Once I know the answer to this question, we will have to try to make
SignBank work in the Japanese environment -

You are the first, Flavio, to try SignBank in Japan -

___________________________

Valerie Sutton
Sutton at SignWriting.org

.....visit the...