questions on CD & life-like illustrations

Fernando Capovilla capovila at USP.BR
Thu May 23 04:47:06 UTC 2002

1) Dear Pastor Ron
I am afraid at the moment the system works for Brazilian Sign Language
only.
The reason is that we have analyzed and indexed (using an alphanumerical
coding system of cheremes and allochers) each and every sign of the
Brazilian Sign Language Dictionary, in order to feed the sign retrieval
system we have developed at the U. of Sao Paulo. However, we have not
done so with respect to ASL or any other language yet except for Libras.
Yet, it is perfectly feasible, and I think there may be
some research group doing the same in the US or Canada with ASL. By the
way, in case there is a group being financed by the ASF-NIMH doing
something similar, I would appreciate exchanging information. The same
goes for European groups, Australian groups, etc.
Thank you for the question, pastor Ron. If there is something I may do
to help, please just let me know..
Fernando Capovilla

2) Dear colleague,
I am afraid my computer had some sort of problem because I could read
that there was a message titled:
  2. life like illustrations of less-known (and hopelessly incredibly
variable)
     SLs as a fundamental resource to teaching SW
however, there was no message, only the title. When the message was
being downloaded the compuetr stopped due to some virus. So, I do not
even know who has issued the message. I was very curious to know what
the message said.  In case that is possible, I would appreciate should
you be so kind as to send the message again. Use my private e-mail if
you prefer.
Thank you.