SignWriter 4.4 on Linux

Sun May 19 14:18:52 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 19, 2002

>>  Trevor wrote:  A more elegant solution would be to recompile
>>SignWriter 4.4 for
>>  Linux. Either of FreePascal or gpc would probably do.
>
>Stuart wrote: I agree, but as an interim for Linux users, it seems
>dosemu works well. Actually, it is probably better to wait for a
>SignWriter 5.0 or we need to produce something native for Unix-based
>systems.

Hello Everyone!
I have been writing an 80-page SignBank Reference Manual non-stop for
the past 8 days. I am on page 75, so I hope to finish today. I can
then post the new beta test version, because there will be plenty of
instruction online. It means we can even start adding signs to
SignBank. I can teach you all on the List, if you wish...

But regarding re-programming SignWriter DOS, I appreciate the
idealistic idea, Trevor, but it will be harder than you expect, and
meanwhile, as Stuart says, with DOS emulators we can use SignWriter
DOS on almost every operating system. And now that we are working on
newer programs, I think it is better to keep the DOS program as it is
- it is working fine if you have the right equipment!

___________________________

Valerie Sutton
Sutton at SignWriting.org

.....visit the...