Saudi Arabian SignWriting Study!

Thu May 23 17:34:15 UTC 2002

>>  Mohamed Mahmod in Saudi Arabia wrote:
2 of these teachers are working with preparation class; one teachs
Math ; He learned the students the number from one to ten. Other
teacher teachs Reading;He learned the students ten words which
included the reading book for the preparation class... The students
learned to write and read without learning the basic. We just learn
them ( the word and its sign just read and write it as it was )
Although we were frightened from fail the students respond was
wonderful they practice reading and writing excellent...

SignWriting List
May 23, 2002

Hello Mohamed! This is so interesting. Although your teachers were a
little worried that maybe the deaf students would
fail...instead...the deaf students responded wonderfully, practiced
reading and writing, and did well...

That is great news!

I know Cecilia Flood in Albuquerque, New Mexico, also told me the
same thing. The teachers were a little nervous, but the students
started teaching the teachers, and learned very quickly!  And then
the teachers could relax and enjoy the experience...

Val ;-)
..