Saudi Arabian SignWriting Study!

Thu May 23 18:00:55 UTC 2002

>>>   Mohamed Mahmod in Saudi Arabia wrote:
>After three month of teaching I made an examination to my students
>as follows...I divided the question into three groups. The first
>group contains question based on read and write Arabic language and
>I ve got 64% true answers. The second group contains questions based
>on read and write the sign and I ve got 78% true answers. The third
>group contains questions based on read and write both (Arabic
>language and Sign language ) I ve got 80% true answers. So we can
>clearly see the benefit of (Read &Write the Sign Language )

SignWriting List
May 23, 2002

Wow! This is real research. Three study groups. And the group that
combined the Arabic spoken language with Saudi Arabian signs written
in SignWriting got the highest score. And the second highest group
was the group with only SignWriting and Sign Language...so
SignWriting made a positive difference no matter how it was
applied....wow - thanks for telling us!

Does anyone else know of a research study like this with SignWriting?

Val ;-)
..