Teacher Certification...

Angus Grieve-Smith grvsmth at UNM.EDU
Wed May 29 14:44:49 UTC 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Smile...I do have one last comment on the idea of "certificates"...Do
> any of you know of other groups that give certificates to students over
> the internet?

        <http://www.brainbench.com>.

        I got several certificates from them when the tests were free, but
then they started charging, and they set the certifications to expire.
The fees and expirations may be negotiable, however.

        I think it would be hard to have one certification for SignWriting
in all languages, though.  It might be better to have certifications in
ASL SignWriting, DGS SignWriting, etc.

--
                                        -Angus B. Grieve-Smith
                                        Linguistics Department