End-of-the-year focus ;-)

Mon Nov 4 15:38:59 UTC 2002

>Charles Butler wrote:
>I must say that your (Valerie) spelling guide and our (Marianne, Rocha & >Charles)  spelling guide are almost exact parallels.  You have the technology to >write out what I picked up from your books.  I have a page of signs here that I >would like to question you as to order, as they are very close to each other, >and they might make a good example.

SignWriting List
November 4, 2002

Hello Charles and Everyone -
Thank you for this message, Charles. I thought you decided to wait until the New Year, before you started to use SignBank? And until the data is entered into SignBank, I don't want to analyze your signs, because SignBank catches little inconsistencies very fast, and my exhausted brain is not ready to do dictionary editing right now anyway. So I would prefer to wait until the New Year, when you have some data entered.

Meanwhile, I have several issues....First, there are people I feel I have let down. Some people, like Anne Claude, have entire thesis and important projects with children, that I have put off. And there are classrooms, libraries and bookstores waiting for my printing of their orders...

Second, I am in debt, because this year I wasn't paid for my work with SignBank, and I have worked 9 months full time without pay..so I must focus on fulfilling orders and creating a CD for sale, and writing small grants to foundations, to pay back my debts.

So for the rest of the year, my focus is shifting to other projects other than SignBank...

Thank you, Charles, for your steadfast contribution to the issue of SignWriting dictionaries....Every discussion gave me important information and that was invaluable!

So Anne Claude, you are next - I will write to you soon - I have lots of information to share with you, about SignWriting in the classroom -

Many blessings everyone -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org