question

Sat Nov 16 21:48:55 UTC 2002

>Hello Valerie, haven't heard from the list for some time, hope  you are al
>right/!! Did I miss something? Is the C.D. about  the sign bank avaiable and if so >do we still need  file maker to operate it? I hope you are O.K.!!! Blessings, Tini.

SignWriting List
November 16, 2002

Hello Tini and Everyone!
Thanks for posting a message to the List. I am fine and I hope everyone else is too? ;-)

I hope to have the CD ready by Monday. The SignBank 2002 CD will include:

LESSONS DATABASE
1. Complete Lessons in SignWriting Textbook
2. SignBank 2002 Reference Manual
3. Sutton's SignSymbolSequence Textbook
4. SignSpelling Guidelines
5. QuickStart SignBank 2002
6. Technical Support Information
7. SignWriter DOS Manual

SIGNBANK 2002
12 Navigation Languages
SignBank US: ASL Children's Picture Dictionary with 130 signs
SignBankShell to start your own database
SignBank Portal to view and use the database
SignBank Editor to create your own database

SYMBOLBANK 2002
446 Base Symbols with rotations, flops and variations
Information in words, about each symbol, including symbol name, category name, group name, rotation number, flop number as so forth...

A PDF Library with Help Documents

ARCHIVES
with GIFS that are stored inside SignBank such as symbols, signs and illustrations.

This first version of the CD will require FileMaker Pro 5.0 or later. FileMaker is offering special prices for educators, so I will talk with them about that next week...

Someday I hope to offer a SignBank RunTime, which will not require FileMaker, but that will not be for another 6 months is my guess...

Meanwhile, everything on this CD is free for download on the web...so for those who do not want to spend money, you can download instead....

Hope you and Henk are doing well too, Tini -

Many blessings -