Irish Sign Language

Sat Nov 23 23:37:46 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
November 23, 2002

Thank you, Tony, for your message below. And congratulations on your marriage!

You are welcome to publish a video with SignWriting captions in Irish signs. I suggest that you contact a leader in the Irish Deaf Community, Patrick Matthews, who is using SignWriting in a series of books teaching ISL. Since Patrick is Deaf himself, and teaches ISL at Trinity College in Dublin, his expertise would be a great help!

Contact:

Patrick Matthews
patmatthews at eircom.net
Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland

or one of the illustrators for the ISL books that will be using SignWriting:

Carmen Martin
nitramnemrac at yahoo.ie

And if Pat or Carmen are reading this message (smile ;-) ...I will be sending you the CD shortly - It took me all autumn to finish, but you will have it by Christmas!

My best to everyone -

Hello all..
             I've been busy getting married and stuff but now I'm back
to get this PhD finished....   I was talking to a lady that is part of
the organisation that taught me Stage 1 in ISL and she was saying that they have got some sort of grant to produce a video for their students.
I am trying to encourage them to put the sign writing sign on the video as well as the physical sign just to raise awareness and interest in the
area to both people who already sign and for new people learning sign.  She seemed very interested and promised to get back to me about the idea and I will push it further but I just thought that I'd better check that it is OK to do this or does she need to request permission or just acknowledge were sign writing has come from???  If some one can let me know before I push this any further....

Thanks!!!

Tony McCloskey
tony_mccloskey at HOTMAIL.COM