QUESTIONNAIRE: Teaching Literacy to the Deaf

Wed Nov 6 21:10:01 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
November 6, 2002

QUESTIONNAIRE: Teaching Literacy to the Deaf

NICARAGUA IN SUMMARY

Anne-Claude - Before we move on to another country, I would like to summarize Nicaragua. I do not want to answer your questionnaire specfically, because I feel that James Shepard-Kegl already answered your questions through his excellent writing in the last message. Do you agree? I hope you will write directly to James, and start a dialogue together:

These are the two schools for the Deaf in Nicaragua that use SignWriting:

Escuelita de Bluefields
Escuelita de Condega

....were founded by...
....and are coordinated by...

Nicaraguan Sign Language Projects, Inc.
James Shepard-Kegl, Coordinator
52 Whitney Farms Road
North Yarmouth, Maine, 04097, USA
(207) 846-8801 voice or tty
(207) 846-8688 fax
Email: kegl at maine.rr.com

ALSO, I would suggest reading SEVEN articles about SignWriting in Nicaragua on the web. Go to this web page:

SignWriting In Nicaragua
http://www.SignWriting.org/nicaragua/nicaragua.html

And then scroll down....You will find SEVEN sections to read...

INCLUDING...

A COMPLETE THESIS ON SIGN LANGUAGE LITERACY POSTED ON THE WEB:
http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/research/rese003.html

This is a thick thesis posted on the web in its entirety...

Please respond to tell us if this is the kind of information you need, Anne Claude - before I go on to five more countries!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

Sign Languages are
written languages!

SignWriting List