Running Windows 98 INSIDE Windows XP...

Valerie Sutton DAC at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sat Nov 30 16:21:09 UTC 2002

I have problems to install signwriter 4.3 under windows 2000 and windows XP
thanks for kindly reply....

Hello Marinette -
Thanks for writing. SignWriter 4.3 or 4.4 runs under Windows 95, 98, 98se, and ME...It does not run under Windows 2000, NT or XP.... So if you want to use SignWriting on a computer, you have a few choices:

1. run SignWriter on an older machine using one of the older Windows versions

2. purchase a DOS emulator, such as Virtual PC, and run that on your Windows XP. Virtual PC is a program that runs Windows 98 INSIDE Windows XP:

Virtual PC for Windows XP
http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc5w.html

3. Or....move forward and start using our new SignBank 2002, which is a different program, but it runs on modern operating systems, such as Mac OS X and Windows XP... If you would like to know more about this, write again -

Best of luck with your work!