SignBank 2002 Instruction, Task 7

Stefan Woehrmann2 stefanwoehrmann at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 9 00:43:28 UTC 2002

Hi Valerie,

I am sorry to tell you that I could not change the language after I entered
the password 54321 nothing happened when I clicked on the USA flag -
(

Download version October 7 th . -    any idea ??

Stefan ;-)

attached is a screenshot of the screen as it looks like at this stage ..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <Sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG>
To: <SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA>
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: SignBank 2002 Instruction, Task 7

>Ilka in Germany wrote:
>now i know how to open SignBank, thanks a lot! :)
>I haven ±²  succeeded in changing the language to German, though, but it might
>have been because i ±>  still using the Oct. 1st version (it takes me about 2
>1/2 hrs to download it and while doing so my phone is dead) so i ±_ l do it
>later in the week.
>ilka

SignWriting List
October 8, 2002

So glad to hear that you could open SignBank, Ilke - that is great!

Yes...you are right that you will need the October 7 version to get
the German Navigation Language....However, the German doesn't show up
much until you go into the SignBank Editor or in SignBank 8 in the
Portal....so when you download the Oct 7 version, look in the Editor
to see if you have German words there - if you do you know you have
the right version -

Regarding downloading....
Not everyone can download all the time. In fact, some people can't at
all. I know I am very lucky. I have a fast cable modem, called
RoadRunner, and I have very fast downloads and uploads - I wish you
could all experience what I experience.... you would see that
downloading with a fast modem is a dream come true!

That is why I plan to create a CD later, and distribute that CD. Then
the problems with downloading go away. However, we need some signs in
the databases first - so those who can download are really helping us
get going so we can add some signs - Downloading is free too, but the
CDs will cost money and postage...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

Sign Languages are
written languages too!