Sign Search Software

Tue Oct 22 15:50:41 UTC 2002

>Michael Golebiewski wrote:
>It appears that the SignBank software, I have not used it forĀ a lack of File Maker, presents a dictionary of signs a user can browse in a hierarchal fashion. The difference in what I am considering is an interface where the user can search based on any criteria of the sign they draw.

SignWriting List
October 22, 2002

Hello Michael!
Although it is true that you can list and print dictionaries in a hierarchal fashion in SignBank, you can also do fairly sophisticated search routines as well, based on what symbols are present in a sign, what Sign-Spelling choices were made etc...Attached is a graphic of SignBank 8, which shows the routines called "Search by Symbols":