Sign Dictionary Orders

Sun Oct 20 21:53:47 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
October 20, 2002

Hello Everyone -
I am just getting back to work - I actually took Sunday morning off - Can you believe?! ;-)

Thank you, Charles, for your comment below. Your idea may possibly already be built into SignBank...In SignBank 8, you can choose the "Search by Symbol" section, and specify listings of signs with specific handshapes, specific movement symbols etc...That isn't exactly what you mean, I know....but it is similar ;-)

To create dictionaries that sort a sign by a handshape, even though that handshape is NOT written, would take some special programming...We would have to build into the SignBank Editor a section that gives the Editor the capability of categorizing each sign by symbols that "are not written"...that is not programmed yet...but it can be...I have placed it on my list for SignBank 2004!

Val ;-)