SignBank Menus in Chinese, Japanese, Arabic...

Mon Sep 9 16:40:31 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
September 9, 2002

Hello Wayne and Everyone -
Thanks for this offer. It will be great to have SignBank Menus in
Chinese. You are correct about the problem of ASCII characters. My
computer is not setup to read Chinese, nor are most western operating
systems.... ;-)

In the case of Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and other written forms that
do not use the Roman Alphabet, I suggest that I create SignBank Menus
that are "graphics" and not "text". That way, we are not dependent on
people's operating systems.

It would be best for me, if you could send the Chinese to me as
graphics files...like a JPEG or a GIF...and attach that to an email
message...You do not need to do many graphics files, but perhaps one
or two that include many lines of translation. Then I can "capture"
the individual diagrams from those JPEGs, and create the SignBank
Menus that way...

And there is no rush. Let's edit the Roman Alphabet translations
first. Thanks so much again for the offer....and I do hope to include
Chinese, Japanese and Arabic later...

Val ;-)