Japan: SignBank Menu Translations

Thu Sep 12 02:05:05 UTC 2002

>Oh, I sent the translation to you, since I didn't think everyone on the
>list wanted to mess with Japanese characters. Do you want it on the list?
>Mark

SignWriting List
September 11, 2002

Hello Everyone, and Mark in Japan!
Thanks so much for going to so much effort. It is amazing how fast
people have offered their help ;-)

Chinese, Japanese and Arabic are three languages that do pose several
problems for me with SignBank. So I have decided to focus first on
the languages that use the Roman alphabet ....sorry to make you
wait....

Regarding using SignBank for your Japanese databases...do you own
FileMaker in Japanese, Mark? If you really want to use SignBank long
term, you will need to purchase FileMaker...the Japanese version:

http://www.filemaker.co.jp/filemaker.html

If you want to wait, that is fine too...I will talk to my programmer
this weekend about the Japanese issues...