SignBank Menus in Chinese, Japanese, Arabic...

Stuart Thiessen smt_sw at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 12 16:25:41 UTC 2002

The challenge right now is that neither Filemaker 5.5 nor 6.0 is
Unicode-compliant as far as I am aware.  I tried to test it to see if it
would be possible to add a field for HamNoSys or other systems of
transcribing so you could enter their information and the SW equivalent.  As
I recall, HamNoSys is in Unicode, but Filemaker could not handle it.  I
think we may need to "urge" them to make 6.5 (or whatever the next version
is) Unicode-friendly.

Stuart