SymbolBank complete for 2002!

Wed Sep 25 22:09:10 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
September 25, 2002

Dear SignWriting List members:
For the past 2 months I have been entering thousands of tiny GIFs
into SymbolBank. I am writing to tell you that an hour ago I finished
entering all of the Symbol Gifs for SSS-2002!

There are 425 BaseSymbols in SSS-2002. Those 425 symbols have
rotations and flops. The hands also have palm facing and the arrows
have dark or light arrowheads for right or left movement. Those are
called "Fills" in our computer terminology. So there are lots of
little details necessary to make each symbol work in SignBank.

So in total, the exact number of GIFs in SymbolBank: 15,814.

That's almost 16,000!

Of course there will always be more symbols to add, and there will
always be different opinions as to which Sequence will work the best,
but now at least, we have a "place to start".

I hope to post SignBank 2002 for download on the web on October 1st.
It will be free for now, but you will need FileMaker Pro 5.0 or later
to run it.

Perhaps you all would enjoy lessons in how to add signs into
SignBank? I will be happy to teach those lessons to the SignWriting
List, if you wish, starting October 1st...I will wait to hear if
there are interested List members...

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWritingSite