COLOMBIA: Question Tortoise sign

Tue Apr 29 19:21:30 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
April 29, 2003

Hello Everyone, and Hector -
The American and Colombian sign for turtle or tortoise is hard to
write. Please see the attached GIF. I think I would choose number 3 in
the diagram, which is a variation of Hector's writing...generally I
prefer to place the dots over the finishing position of the bend (the
bent thumb rather than the straight thumb)...although both are
readable. And I prefer to place the dots as close to the finger that is
doing the bending as possible...sometimes that is impossible but with
Hector's writing, there is room to the side of the thumb...Thank you,
Hector...for the great diagram and question...Val ;-)