SW List Archives on Yahoo will throw out graphics files this week...

Sun Aug 3 15:46:04 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
August 3, 2003

Dear SW List Members:
It was bound to happen sooner or later...Yahoo, which is a web site
that houses our SW List Archives, has been storing all our messages and
attached graphics files for years. Now they want to lessen the amount
of memory used on their server, so they announced to us that they will
be throwing out all attached graphics files in our Archives in a few
days...

SignWriting List Archives
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sw-l/

Bill Reese already saved all our messages and attached files up until
February 2002 on CD, so it is only the messages AFTER February 2002
that are at risk of being lost forever...and the text part of the
messages will stay in the Archive...it is only the graphics attachments
that will be lost...so I have started to download only the graphics
files after February 2002 and it is a big job!

So now I would like to ask for help - I will try to write to Paul
Cowley, our List owner...He has not answered Bill's messages, so we
feel a little frustrated...I would like to move our Archives to another
site...

Does anyone have suggestions as to what we should do?