teaching materials - crossword puzzle part one

Mon Aug 4 22:35:29 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
August 4, 2003

Hello SW List, and Stefan!
Thank you for the attached crossword puzzle in German Sign Language
(DGS)...Yes, I am interested to understand how it works...The first box
looks like the sign for "umbrella"?...It is raining and you are holding
a pole?...is the student then supposed to write a related sign or
German word in the row to the right?...where the arrow is pointing?
In Danish, the word for "umbrella" is "paraply...I have a feeling that
is not the word for umbrella in German - ha!   Val ;-)