AW: AW: Mouthings- question for Stefan

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Wed Aug 27 21:26:07 UTC 2003

Hi Ingvild and all,

I am able to present a list of all "Mundbilder" that I use toi describe the
sounds in German language.

Please notice - this is not the list of the "Mundbilder" in
GebaerdenSchrift -

Nevertheless - knowing the background of these symbols is a big support to
understand the symbols for the Mundbilder in GebaerdenSchrift .

This other important list will be offered soon;-)

Look forward to your comment

Stefan;-))

-----Urspr ÿÿ gliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ingvild Roald [mailto:ingvild.roald at statped.no]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. August 2003 15:30
An: stefanwoehrmann at gebaerdenschrift.de
Betreff: Re: AW: Mouthings- question for Stefan

Hi Stefan and all,

I had been looking at the Mundschrift Symbole list, (from February 2002,
as it still is)

Most of the sounds of the Norwegian spoken langauge, and therefore also
the viewa of the mouthings, are very similar to the German. Now I see that
you do not use these hand-symbols that are connected to the face-and-mouth
symbols when you write the signs themselves - that makes things easier.
I agree that we should come up with an agreement that makes it possible to
get at least an approximation to the international phonographical
alphabet, or at least that the SLs where mouthing is common, and the
mounthing that is seen is approximately the same, can use the same symbol
for the same mouth. - We had an idea originally of simply writing the
mouthed word with ordinary letters close to the mouth untill this proble
was solved, but then it is often not the exact Norwegian word that is
mouthed, but only parts of it. An example is the name of our capital,
Oslo, where the mouthing that goes with the sign is O-O .

So if you have a list of symbols withouth the helping hands, I would very
much appreciate a copy,

Ingvild