New SignWriting List Archives will be on the Linguist List!

Tue Aug 5 00:08:11 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
August 4, 2003

Dear SignWriting List Members!
I have good news....At the suggestion of Angus Grieve-Smith (a long
time ago), and with the help of Bill Reese today, we contacted the
Linguist List, to ask if they would consider housing our SignWriting
List Archives...

And I am happy to tell you that I have filled out their forms, and
Michael Appleby, from the Linguist List, is helping us through the
process. It may take a couple of days to be certain all is working
well. When the new SignWriting List Archives is ready, I will announce
it...

We are very lucky indeed! This could have been much harder...So I am
breathing a sigh of relief tonight. I do not want to lose all our
attachments and messages since 1998, and Yahoo will be throwing out all
attachments on August 7th. It is their new policy...

I only wish I had made this change earlier, as Angus had suggested.
Yahoo has those flashing advertisements, which I hate, and Yahoo is
also very impersonal. Today I tried to get personal help on the phone
with a Yahoo technician, only to find that they don't have that kind of
support...Everything is email, and I couldn't find the email address
for tech support on their web site! Grrrr...

Thank you, Angus and Bill, and Michael Appleby from the Linguist List,
for making this possible....smile....