PNG vs GIF....Formatting issues for databases ;-)

Bart Braem bart.braem at UA.AC.BE
Mon Dec 1 17:31:47 UTC 2003

> Ha! Thanks, Dan. And you prepared the PNGs in the Unix shell on Mac OS
> X? Can you send me exact instructions on how you did it? I would like
> to learn how to use the Unix terminal on the Mac anyway...and I have
> never done that...

We have used ImageMagick, a command line program wich can be found at
http://www.imagemagick.org/
(Mac Os X packages at http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/)

It allows you to convert one image at a time by typing the following command
in a shell:
convert myimage.gif myimage.png
You can do a lot more with shell scripting, but it's not so easy at first.
--
Bart Braem
www.ua.ac.be/bart.braem