AW: Dosbox in WinXP

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Wed Dec 24 10:11:06 UTC 2003

Hi Ron , Valerie and list members,

I installed DOSBox v0.58 and tried to work with SW44 under Windows XP -

well it works - but I do not feel comfortable.

I am very used to move the cursor or the whole sign quickly - under Dos Box/
XP this is not possible on my Computer. The cursor moves slowly and does not
react immediately so after pushing the arrow - key several times the cursor
will move forward long after I have already stopped - so it is difficult to
navigate accurately ;-( The computer reacts with strange knocking noises ---
screenshots cause problems - all in all I do not feel comfortable with that

So I decided instead to work with a second computer which is running under
Windows 98.

I am interested whether other DOS - Box users don't experience any
differences except for the missing files in the start-window??

Stefan:-)