PNG vs GIF....Formatting issues for databases ;-)

Tue Dec 2 00:10:15 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
December 1, 2003

I cannot seem to get the PNGs to be smaller than 4 K...What size are
your PNGs for signs or symbols?...your sign for BELGIUM came in as 4 K
on my computer before, Bart...

My GIFs were already 4 K, so that is the same size and not smaller than
the GIFs...

But at least the PNGs are equal to GIFs now....I got the PNGs down from
44 K to 4 K by using a program called ImageReady, that comes with
Photoshop 7...suddenly the SuperPNG PlugIn had an added feature in
ImageReady, letting me get rid of Alpha...and that reduced the size to
4 K

Val ;-)