Hello from a new subscriber!

Sat Dec 6 17:23:43 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
December 6, 2003

Sarah Maas wrote:
> my name is Sarah Maas, I'm german, 24 years old and graduated in
> Linuistics/Communications. I would really love to learn signwriting
> and do some linguistic research. I started a LIS (Italian Sign
> Language) course in Florence, which i love. Since I'm having
> difficulties getting Valerie's Lessons in signwriting textbook at a
> decent price, I was wondering if anyone of you could sell me a used
> book. please let me know
> sarah_maas at hotmail.com  or   0039/3331183365

Dear Sarah, and SW List Members!
Welcome to the SignWriting List, Sarah. I can see that Stefan Woehrmann
has already welcomed you to GebaerdenSchrift in Germany. And here in
the US, I create this web site, the SignWriting Site, that is really
like an international office...We service over 27 countries, and we try
to write all of those signed languages...applying visual symbols to
writing new signs around the world...I am glad we can share with you on
the SignWriting List now!

Regarding my textbook "Lessons in SignWriting"...You may want to
receive the German version of it, from Stefan in Germany, or possibly
from the Swiss-German's research lab...called GS Media. They have also
done a translation into German, I believe.

And as Stefan already told you, you can download the textbook for free
on our web site. You can also purchase a "Lessons in SignWriting
CD-ROM". So here are some web pages to visit:

SIGNWRITING WEB SITE
http://www.SignWriting.org

DOWNLOADS
http://www.SignWriting.org/downloads