Question about Hand Configuration

suksiri danthanavanich suksiri_d at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 7 23:28:36 UTC 2003

Dear Val and all members,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I need that word for my written paper as you quess.
Even though I'm a linguists, I don't know which terminology will suit this
Does anyone help me?

>From: Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG>
>Reply-To: SignWriting List <SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA>
>Subject: Re: Question about Hand Configuration
>Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:53:10 -0800
>SignWriting List
>December 7, 2003
>Suksiri Danthanavanich wrote:
>>I'm not sure which case I can use the terminology 'Hand Configuration'
>>My need is the terminology which refers to the hand and his handshape
>>each word.
>>For example,
>>1. the signer uses only one hand for the word 'I'
>>2. the signer uses his two hands (same handshape) for the word 'year'
>>3. the signer uses his two hands (different handshape) for the word 'to
>>Can I use that term 'Hand Configuration' for these cases?
>Hello Suksiri, and SW List members...
>Gosh. That is a good question! Does anyone have an opinion on this? I
>am not a linguist so I do not know the current linguistic terminology
>in English...all three of your examples are "signs" ....the first one
>is a sign...and the last two are ...two handed signs...
>I don't know. Is this for a written paper?
>Val ;-)

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

More information about the Sw-l mailing list