DEAF and music ??

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Tue Dec 23 09:55:02 UTC 2003

Dear list members,

just would like to share an exiting experience -

My deaf and (switching to hard of hearing)  students are very interested in
music, rhythm, movement and vibrations --
GebaerdenSchrift is a very precious tool to write all movements that go
along with the rhythm of the music ... We studied to perform a song - as a
signed version and as a music-version and performed it at our school-
Christmas celebration -- Wow - that has been impressive! And my students
felt very proud about their performance!
Especially touching the body of the cello has been so much fun for them.
They practiced playing xylophone and Cello almost every day !!
You can find more information on my website about this project ...

Have a wonderful Christmas time all of you

Stefan ;-)