AW: New Handshapes to Be Added to SymbolBank....

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sat Feb 15 10:43:13 UTC 2003

Dear Antony, Valerie and listmembers

I read your message and had to smile - well - it takes some time to learn to
read SW  but it takes much more to become an experienced user of the SW4.4
program with all the wonderful possibilities that are hidden in this great
program. Even more time is needed to become an experienced scribe - that is
not just to use the program but to wirte documents that can be understood
by readers who are able to read SW but are as well familiar with the SL in
wich the document is written.

In order to allow people who get interested in reading and writing SW I
offer in Germany two different weekend-workshops . After these the
participants are informed about many many little problems and how to find
the solution. It is amazing to watch them writing their first documents
after only a few hours of instruction.

In the meantime I have lot of experiences in teaching people how to read and
how to write SW . Many presentations, workshops helped me to create numerous
teaching materials , tipps and tricks ...

When I started to learn to use SW  or  GebaerdenSchrift as we call it here
in Germany - there has not been any single sign written in German Sign
Language. So I had to start from scratch. At that time the SW - I got lot of
support from experiences members of the LIST. I started to write my first
signs .I presented these signs and felt so grateful to learn from the
feedback. Puuh I made so many mistakes - not knowing ... I got stuck because
of printing-problems, or other typing - problems. Datas got lost, the
program collapsed ....

I am still on my way to learn to read !!!!!!!!  There are some signs and
symbols that are not handled the same way in all the countries that use SW.
I would love to start a discussion to get more clarification on this issue.

Anyway - here is my suggestion - I invite you and other beginners to post
questions to the List that are connected with " how to get started -" "How
to use the SW4.4  Program etc.)
To start with a small project - as you suggested - is a wonderful idea !
Think steps - think future

I can try to answer all these questions and will try to make a collection of
FAQ and to offer this list of questions and answers on the website
www.gebaerdenschrift.de ..

In order to get not confused it would be helpful to give a number and a
"title" to the question -

If other beginners would like to participate in this "instruction course"
you are all welcome  ;-)

Just go ahead a write your first question - the only rule : one question
within one email - in order to get not confused and to learn step by step -
added gifs are very helpful to clarify most problems.. ;-)

Stefan ;-)))

Your message offers a lot of

  -----Urspr ^?^? gliche Nachricht-----