SIGNBANK LESSONS: Adding Signs

Fri Jan 17 21:18:26 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
January 17, 2003

ADDING SIGNS TO SIGNBANK continued....
Thank you, Stefan, for the four excellent signs from Germany, for
"airplane". Here is how I added them to SignBank:

1. I opened Photoshop and saved each sign as an individual GIF (yes, I
chose GIF, but you can choose other formats too).

As you can see in the attached diagram, in Photoshop you can
standardize the "canvas size" of the GIF, so I did this for all four
signs...making each one 86 pixels high. The width cannot be
standardized, and there is no problem with that! (please believe me on
this - the width is fine for each sign ;-)...