which one?

Sat Jan 18 15:31:52 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
January 18, 2003

  On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 02:37 PM, Antony Daamen wrote:
> I was so excited that I could download the program... but there is
> none for Australia!  which country has the two handed alphabet like
> england and Australia, so I can download that one? Is there a squence
> in downloading the two programs?  Do I have to download one before the
> other?? Antony

Antony - You have been on this List for so long and you didn't realize
that SignWriting is free? Free software and textbooks are online for
you to download anytime...and always have been, since I started my web
sites in 1996.

First you need to determine which programs work on your computer....

SignWriter DOS works on Windows 95, 98, and ME....Are you running one
of those operating systems? I would download that first, if you can use
it on your computer. Download the US version for now, to see if you can
start the program...

SignBank 2002 runs on any Mac, and any Windows except for 95...

At this time SignWriter and SignBank are not connected, so it doesn't
really matter which one you download first or second...both are useful
programs...

Until you, or others in Australia, decide to use the programs, I cannot
create an Australian version - but when you are ready to work with it,
then we can create one together - so tell me when you have downloaded
and are up and running - if you have problems, write and ask questions -

Nice to have you on board ;-)

Sutton at SignWriting.org

Sign Languages
are written languages!