AW: sign languages in email?

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sun Jan 19 11:41:46 UTC 2003

Dear SW- enthusiasts .... and Steven -

hm - the last couple of weeks I have been very busy to create lots of
materials that may demonstrate the beauty of SL  expressed in SignWriting -
or GebaerdenSchrift as we call it in Germany.
Just imagine that in halls,classrooms, churches  - all over the places -
beautiful written documents, greetingcards , bilingual books -posters,
stickers, buttons, icons,  ...

SW is a wonderful, wonderful invention and once you are infected ...

L.I.F.E. .. so have fun  ...

Stefan ;-)
  -----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
  Von: SignWriting List [mailto:SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]Im Auftrag von
Steven Lytle
  Gesendet: Samstag, 18. Januar 2003 15:48
  An: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
  Betreff: sign languages in email?

  Although I'm very interested in sign languages and signwriting, there is
still no way to use them in email using only the standard keyboard.  Until
this problem is remedied, I don't expect sign languages to become popular
means of communications on the internet.

  Mark Mandel's ASCII-Stokoe notation is the best I've seen for ASL, and it
is still too cumbersome for casual use.

  Stevo