Unicode Discussion

Wed Jul 9 23:46:01 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 9, 2003

Dear SW List, Stuart, Dan....
Regarding Unicode, Antonio Carlos and I did discuss it briefly, and
after going back and forth, I understand that Antonio Carlos thinks
Unicode might work perhaps, because of certain location symbols I put
into the "look-up sequences" in SignBank...We do not write with those
symbols, but they are useful for placing signs in a detailed
sequence...so I will let Antonio Carlos explain his points on this
issue...it is related to X-Y coordinates, and the question of how
Unicode would handle the relationship of one symbol inside a sign, with
another symbol inside a sign...I am not sure what to think, so I look
forward to the discussion!