photo and Brazilian site for SignWriting

Tini Pel tinipel at ONLINK.NET
Fri Jul 11 12:36:39 UTC 2003

Thank you Valerie, I will write Nicole in Sign Writing and I will look up Carlos web site.
Thank you for these suggestions.
Hope you are doing well, very busy I see, but have a wonderful day!!!!
Tini.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Valerie Sutton
  To: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 12:56 PM
  Subject: Re: photo and Brazilian site for SignWriting

  SignWriting List
  July 10, 2003

  Hello Everyone, and Tini...
  Yes, Nicole is very beautiful, you are right about that! I do not believe Nicole is on the SignWriting List, since her photo came from a group of photos on Antonio Carlos' web site. You might enjoy visiting his site with soooo many nice documents in SignWriting, plus the photos of a classroom of Deaf children who are learning SignWriting in Brazil:

  Brazilian Web Site with SignWriting documents and photos
  http://gmc.ucpel.tche.br/signwriting/

  Nicole most likely speaks Portuguese and LIBRAS (Brazilian Sign Language)...so if you want to write to her, I would suggest writing in ASL in SignWriting with English glosses...that at least would give her something to study and muse over, even if she doesn't fully understand what you said...or you could put your English glosses through a translation system on the web to receive Portuguese glosses for her...

  Thank you, Antonio Carlos, for the lovely web site with all the documents! They are quite amazing and I really loved all the photos of the Deaf children!

  Val ;-)