Hooked "L"

Tue Jul 15 17:39:45 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 15, 2003

No kidding? You use those handshapes in NSL? I am sorry, I forgot
that...There are so many Sign Languages I am having difficulty keeping
up!

In fact, recently when Antonio Carlos visited me, he mentioned to me
that he thought there should only be one symbol-set, and not sub-sets
for different signed languages...but I have chosen to create one huge
closet, called SymbolBank, that will house all symbols, but I do not
expect people to use all symbols...It is a little like the features in
software...I only use half of the features that are available in
Microsoft Word, for example, but I am sure there are some people who
are glad they have some of the features I do not need...So in time we
could create some kind of sub-SymbolBanks, for one signed language...

Val ;-)