Children to children -letters?

Tini Pel tinipel at ONLINK.NET
Thu Jul 3 16:59:33 UTC 2003

That would be just wonderful Maria, but may I ask a favour?
to gloss the signs. It makes it easier for the children to read ,coming from a different language. There is always a way to translate.
Thanks, Tini.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Maria Azzopardi
  To: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
  Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 6:59 AM
  Subject: Re: Children to children -letters?

  Dear Jerry and Tini,
  Well done with the site on Children to Children. I enjoyed reading through the children's writing even though I couldn't understand everything, because of course it's not Maltese Sign Language.

  Last summer in Malta we had a workshop on signwriting and a small group of Deaf children picked up the writing system amazingly fast. Some time ago they even started to write letters to each other.

  This is just an idea ok, because I understand that the sign languages are different so it might not work. However what if we ask the children to write letters to each other? You know, like penpals from abroad? I know of a couple who might be interested.

  Maria

  Tini Pel wrote:

    To Valerie, ms Allen'schidren, Jerry and list, Thank you Valerie for your nice comments. Yes it would be wonderful if, as Jerry suggested , that the "Ch. to Ch." could become world wide.It is so nice to see children's work in print.Wow Jerry do I see this right, did you place every sign separately. It made it really clear to read. A big job!!!!!!Sorry I could not make out the name of the child but he or she was hungry for a hot dog or hamburger at Mc. Donald. The drawing showed a big city with the big Mc. Donald sign. I might be way off!!!!You know what, it would be very handy if there is a translation or glosses with the Sign Writing. No matter what language,Thank you so much for this opportunity to read children's works, jus great!!!!L.I.F.E.Tini.