Hooked "L"

Stuart Thiessen smt_sw at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Jul 13 21:58:32 UTC 2003

I was getting ready to type a variant of the ASL sign "to watch" which is signed like you are holding a remote control toward a TV (essentially) a hooked ASL "L".  I went to type it but it looks like there isn't a hooked ASL "L". If I am reading the first symbol right, the only bent index, straight thumb built-in has the thumb and index finger pointing in the same direction.  I am looking for a regular "L" handshape with the index finger bent.

The attached graphic illustrates the two handshapes as I understand them.  Am I correct or have I misread?

Thanks,

Stuart