_Escritura_alfab }² ica_de_la_lengua_de_signos _espa Q× la._Once_lecciones_(fwd)

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 15 16:28:41 UTC 2003

In a sense, isn't that what Rochester has done in some of its photographic books?  It uses the arrows of Sign Writing with photographic renderings of signs to prevent the photographs from being ambiguous.

Valerie, you are everywhere, even if in little pieces.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
SignWriting List
July 15, 2003

Thanks for this link, Dan...

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 05:29 AM, Dan Parvaz wrote:
> http://publicaciones.ua.es/Castellano/VerLibro.asp?ISBN=84-7908-718-8
>
> .... where you see a little more of what he means. His writing system
> is the first "basado en criterios fonol ¡^Ý icos". If you want to see a
> little more detail (presentaci ¡? ), you'll see it sits somewhere
> between Stokoe and Newkirk. He also acknowledges in a footnote that
> there are other players:..

But he is using a lot of symbols from SignWriting...take a look at the
attached GIF...around half of the symbols in this diagram are
specifically from SignWriting...the trembling line, the dot on the
arrow stem, etc...so I guess he is trying to blend different writing
systems together...probably for the sake of "standardization"...a
little like an "Esperanto" for sign writing systems - ha!

Val ;-)