SW Java and the Swiss GSMedia publications...

Tue Jul 29 15:05:26 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 29, 2003

Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> So you should ask the Swiss Team - did they get their graphics
> directly from
> the Mac Sw5.0 version - I guess so!  But I am not sure -

Yes. If you are referring to the lovely Noah and David books, published
by GSMedia in Zurich, Switzerland...The group hired me to convert their
documents to better-looking graphics. I used SignWriter Java on my
Macintosh, creating GIFs of each sign that I converted...You can see
whole sentences from the project on the web...those are
horizontally-written, only because I had converted the sentences from
the DOS version, which were horizontal...then later the GSMedia team
did the huge job of putting the sentences in vertical columns - So the
signs in the Noah and David books are SignWriter Java symbols...but
then adjusted by the GSMedia team to fit their layout...they added
their own grey line for their research on facial expressions etc...

Old Swiss signs and sentences converted from DOS to Java...
http://www.SignWriting.org/swiss/swiss.html

I want you all to know that I plan to focus on Switzerland soon,
because Siv and Penny, from GSMedia, asked me some important technical
questions on the List a long time ago, and I need to answer their
questions...so I will try to get to their questions soon...Thank you
for your patience, Siv and Penny!