ZURICH: Question Spelling FROG/FROSCH

Thu Jul 31 17:10:03 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 31, 2003

Charles Butler wrote:
> Hello Zurich,
> 1) I think you have notated the "Frog" movement quite well.
> 2) For repeated movements, you have 3 contact * symbols, which to me
> would be sufficient to show repetition.  Are they there to show
> multiple points of contact as the hand arches up and comes back down
> again? Or movement out the hand from palm to fingers?  In any case, 3
> of them would be a "repetition" to me, Else you would need to show
> three "movement up and over arrows" to parallel the 3 contact stars. I
> look forward to other people's comments. Charles Butler

Hello Charles and everyone -
Good points...I am assuming that they mean that the opening and closing
finger movements are contacting the palm of the left hand, like a frog
jumping ....the left palm representing the ground the frog is jumping
on... Meanwhile, the palm of the hand needs to be flopped with the
thumb line on the left....At the moment it is the right hand... I am
preparing a lesson on this now...Val ;-)