SignWriter MAC 5.0 Posted on Web!

Sun Jun 1 14:09:53 UTC 2003

SignWriting List

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 06:57 AM, Angus B. Grieve-Smith wrote:
> It works for me under Windows XP with the Java Runtime Environment
> version 1.4.1. If this is really ready for prime time, I'd suggest
> posting an
> announcement on Slashdot (http://www.slashdot.org).  I'd tell your web
> hosting people first, though, because the "Slashdot effect" brings
> thousands of visitors to your site and can often overwhelm web servers.

Hello Angus -
First, thanks sooo much for testing it in Windows XP. I am stunned and
happy that it opened! I had no idea, since it didn't open in Windows
98...

This means that what I called "SignWriter MAC OS X" is opening in
Windows XP and 2000...pah! We have "SignWriter WIN XP"....

But, I assure you, it is NOT ready for prime time! If we could get it
to print, I would feel differently - So thanks for the suggestion about
Slashdot but the last thing we need right now is thousands of
visitors...someday...but not now!