Vcom3D's SigningAvatars and SignWriting?

Stuart Thiessen smt_sw at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Jun 21 22:26:58 UTC 2003

I recently started a new non-profit organization (which I will explain more later) that has as one of its goals to do more research and work with SignWriting. One of our research goals after our first project is the development of a link between SignWriting and SignAvatar (if it is possible).

Our first project, however, will be working with Valerie and others on the process of getting SignWriting into Unicode and dealing with rendering issues for Signwriting in Unicode. That is part of a research project we are now searching for funding for it. If any of you have recommendations on possible avenues of funding for this project, we would appreciate it very much.

So, that's what I know on this subject.

Thanks,

Stuart