techincal problem

Thu Jun 12 13:55:55 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
June 12, 2003

Dear Everyone, and Anne-Claude!
Let's try to solve your computer programs right now...that is the
purpose of this List...is to help each other with SignWriting issues...

1. You can write SignWriting by hand, so no computer is "required" to
use SignWriting....You could start teaching SignWriting without any
computer program at all...so don't let computers be a barrier to
writing SignWriting...I started by hand, and so did a lot of other
people around the world...

2. The difference between SignWriter DOS and SignWriter Java?

SignWriter DOS is the fully-functioning program that is the
world-standard for typing SignWriting right now.

SignWriter Java is supposed to replace SignWriter DOS in the future,
but right now, it is an unfinished program, so you still need
SignWriter DOS to really type documents and dictionaries.

3. What can SignWriter Java do for you right now? It can place
SignWriting on your Macintosh immediately. It can give you good looking
SignWriting symbols. It can convert documents and dictionaries that
were typed with SignWriter DOS. And you can create new documents.

4. For the Macintosh to run SignWriter DOS, which is in MS-DOS, you
will need to own another computer program, called Virtual PC.

5. For the Macintosh to run SignWriter Java, you will need to have Java
on your Macintosh.

Val ;-)