Parking on a Hill

Charles Butler chazzer3 at EROLS.COM
Wed Mar 5 14:00:14 UTC 2003

You know Valerie, I really like Mark's idea of dots and lines.  It's clear,
unambiguous, and unconfusing, and follows the "plane tail light and nose
cone" model.

My SW program is down now, as is my graphics software, which is driving me
nuts.  But I would propose something equal for the sign for boat, with the
line through the long way on the hand.

/  \
| | |
| | |

With a clear hand, this would be "boat" seen from above, with a dark hand,
this would be one of the signs for "house" seen from above.  It's short,
sweet, quick to write and unmistakable for anything else.  If you want to
show the boat swinging back and up over your head, you would write it this
way.

       *

      / | \
     |  |  |