New version: SignBank 2002 v2.1

Thu May 22 14:19:21 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
May 22, 2003

Dear SW Listers, and Brendan!
Thanks for this suggestion...that is a good idea. Both the free
downloads, and the SignBank CD Update Service, have their value...so
you are right, that downloads can be broken up into pieces...the only
problem is that if they are not put back together exactly as they have
to, SignBank won't open...so the CD would be easier for some
people...especially since it has installation software on the Windows
side...

We have also talked about publishing the database on the web - that
would be the best, but I need to gather funds to pay for that, and I
don't have it at this time...I could serve it on my own web server in
my office - but it takes special programming and I do not have the
expertise to create the actual FileMaker programming myself...so when
we get a grant that will be a great solution - people will be able to
search, find and print signs directly on the web...without any
downloading or CDs...A nice goal for the future!

Val ;-)