New handshapes needed?....

Fri May 23 20:46:51 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
May 23, 2003

Dear SignWriting List Members:
I remember that the Japanese, the German and the Colombian Sign
Language projects asked me to add new handshapes to SymbolBank earlier
this year, and I have also found three new handshapes myself, that I
feel must be added too. I have therefore decided to devote the next
week to adding new symbols to SymbolBank. I owe the Norwegian SignBank
project a disk with the new version of SignBank on it, and before I
send it to them, I feel it is important to add those new handshapes.
Updates can be irritating, so it is better to do this now...to avoid
double updates...

So I am writing this message to the whole SignWriting List, to ask a
favor...What are the new handshapes you request? I probably won't be
doing another SymbolBank update for at least a year, so tell me now, if
you can:

I believe this is what you requested so far:

COLOMBIA
1. ring-finger and thumb angle touch

GERMANY
1. angle thumb-side spread fingers

JAPAN
1. you had several, can you list them for me again, please?

Anyone else? Charles, Ingvild?...Penny, Siv?....

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages