Irish Sign Language (ISL) Handshapes, Group 2

Tue Nov 11 18:30:57 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
November 11, 2003

Dear SW List:
Here are the ISL handshapes, group 2. All the symbols on the top row
are included in our current computer programs, but on the bottom row,
the first and last are not in any current computer program...but I will
be adding them to the SSS-2004...so that future computer programs can
include them, if necessary...Although both of these handshapes actually
exist in ASL, we have found ways to spell ASL signs without those
symbols...On the other hand, they may be useful too...so that is why
SignBank for Research Use, scheduled for release in March, 2004, will
try to include every known handshape...so that people can then choose
what symbols are important to them...Val ;-)